- To prevent discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by promoting gender amity among students and employees
- To make recommendations to the Vice Chancellor for changes / elaborations in the Rules for students in the Prospectus and the Bye-Laws, to make them gender just and to lay down procedures for the prohibition, resolution, settlement and prosecution of acts of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by the students and the employees.
- To deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment.
- To recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party to the Vice Chancellor.
- To organize awareness workshops / training programmes for members of the Gender Amity Committee, students, faculty and staff on different aspect of gender amity, discrimination against and sexual harassment of women, to discourage policy makers from discrimination against women, to deter men from causing sexual harassment and to encourage women to object to gender discrimination and harassment.
- To provide information / consultation on gender amity to any student or employee who seeks it.